April 20, 2007

Could a Paparazzi Site Play a Role in Alec Baldwin's Custody Battle?

Celeb gossip site, TMZ.com, has uploaded an alleged voicemail Alec Baldwin left with his 11-year-old daughter Ireland.

After Ireland didn't answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec left her a nasty message.

Highlights from the tirade include:
"Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone."
"You have insulted me for the last time."
"I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do."
"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up Baldwin screamed, "I am gonna get on a plane, and come out there for the day, and I'm gonna straighten your ass out when I see you... I'm gonnna really make sure you get it. So, you better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me so I can let you know how I feel about what a rude little pig you really are."

TMZ's learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

If you listen to the audio, it seems to be cut and pasted (if it's Alec at all). The tone in his voice changes quite radically from screaming to calm throughout, especially at the end when he's talking about the April 20th meeting. It makes me wonder if this isn't doctored. If it is, this is a seriously low blow by either TMZ or Basinger's legal camp.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, did tell TMZ that, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

Hmm...That doesn't sound like denial.

1 comment:

SnapStar said...

Doesn't anyone have arguements with their kids anymore? It's like he hit her. All he did was call her a rude pig. What's the big deal? This is so silly!....