October 27, 2008

ASHLEY OLSEN - OLSEN SLAMS 'SCARY' PAPARAZZI


ASHLEY OLSEN has lashed out at the paparazzi - blaming aggressive photographers for turning her into a nervous "wreck".

The 22-year-old actress is fed up with flashbulbs because her small stature makes it difficult to escape snappers desperate to take her picture.

She tells the New York Times: "Honestly, I'm a wreck, Every time I see a camera, I'm a wreck. I don't tend to react as though 'I have to do this, it's my job.' I am reacting as a woman who is five-foot-one whose space is being invaded by a bunch of men whose aggression I can literally feel."

And Olsen insists her fears extend beyond her own safety - defending celebrity mums and innocent civilians who can get caught up in dangerous car chases.

She adds: "In L.A. it is even worse because they are running red lights behind you, and I worry all the time about something terrible happening, someone getting hurt because of me, how I could ever possibly live with that. I can't imagine what it would be like to have kids in the back seat and have to go through this and pretend for their sake that you are not scared."

No comments: