January 11, 2013

Jennifer Aniston describes her fear of paparazzi in new film, 'Sellebrity'

Jennifer Aniston is one of many celebrities interviewed in the new documentary, "Sellebrity", which premieres today in selected cities across the country. The film, directed by Kevin Mazur, explores the current "free-for-all press and paparazzi frenzy" which has permeated our culture.

Sarah Jessica Parker, Sheryl Crow, Kid Rock, Salma Hayek, Elton John, Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are among the celebrities who discuss their experiences with the paparazzi in the film. Three words by Jennifer Aniston sum up most celebrity encounters with the paparazzi: "It's high stress.”

“It's a really weird, scary feeling," Aniston explains. "You’re disoriented. You can’t see in front of you... I can't get out of a store because these guys are blocking the door. I can't get to my car. When I’m in my car, they’re surrounding my car. I can’t see. They flash light bulbs; it’s nighttime, and my vision is impaired."

The first feature-length documentary by Rock & Roll photographer Kevin Mazur was a hit at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival in Austin, TX. D&E Entertainment says that "Sellebrity" gives the viewer "unparalleled insight into the view of celebrity and how it has changed through the years... it also addresses freedom of the press, the degradation of our hard news, and those caught in the camera's eye."

No comments: