August 9, 2005

Reese Witherspoon Says Photogs Have Rights

From UPI

Actress Reese Witherspoon says paparazzi have to do their jobs, but not when it creates danger for their subjects.
"There are moments when illegal things happen and action has to be taken," the actress told the TV celebrity news program "Extra." "Sometimes people are put in dangerous situations. I mean I can imagine, I've been in a few myself, so it's frightening sometimes.
"I do think the paparazzi have rights," she said. "The first amendment is a very important part of our country -- our freedom -- but illegal behavior is not acceptable."
Witherspoon said she and her husband, Ryan Phillipe, and their two children have made life changes to avoid intrusive photographers.
"It has certainly changed some aspects of my life," she said. "There are places I don't go. I had to move out of my house and move into a different place.

No comments: