July 26, 2007

BARTON BEFRIENDS PAPARAZZI


Actress MISCHA BARTON has forged a friendship with the paparazzi after finding it impossible to lead a normal life in the public eye.

The former O.C. star was forced to learn how to deal with stardom after her television show became an overnight success when it was first aired in 2003. But Barton admits she's now on good terms with photographers, who often lend a hand with chores unloading shopping from her car.

She says, "I don't think people realise how crazy it is. The day after the show first aired, someone recognised me in the street. I thought, 'Oh no! What if it takes off?' And it did. So I went with it. I had to do so much press. I've only just learned to drive, because I couldn't do it under the eyes of the paparazzi; I hate driving when they're following me. "It's irritating, but I've learned to smile it off and forge a quasi-friendship with them. They'll do things like help you put groceries in your car to get on your good side, or untangle your dog leash."

No comments: