October 19, 2007

Halle Berry fumes over ‘paparazzi’ crash

Oscar winner Halle Berry has accused the paparazzi of forcing her off the road while she was driving in Hollywood - two days after announcing she was pregnant.

The actress reveals she suddenly became a target after telling the world she was expecting her first child, but the army of photographers that started following her everywhere overstepped the mark when they caused her to crash into a wall.

She says, "I got into a car accident because the paparazzi chased me."

Berry was furious when the snappers stuck around after the accident to get photographs of her car being towed away - and then lied about the crash, so publications would print the pictures.

She fumes, "They said, ’Oh, Halle Berry’s car is being towed because she was illegally parked.’ No! It was crashed because the paparazzi chased me into a wall.

"There I was stuck with my crashed-up car wondering if this somehow impacted my pregnancy and feeling totally helpless and violated.

"I thought, ’Oh my God, I hope this jolt and this bang hasn’t done anything to me internally.’"

No comments: