October 2, 2007

Keith Urban Crashes Motorcycle After Being Chased By Photographer

SYDNEY, Australia (October 1, 2007) – Keith Urban was involved in a motorcycle accident on Sunday after the country star was allegedly being chased bya paparazzo.
In a statement released to Access Hollywood, Urban said he was headed to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting on his motorcycle in Sydney when he found himself being pursued by a photographer.
“Today’s incident was the result of one person’s desire to do his job and my desire to maintain my privacy. Some have already attempted to inflate the facts, but the reality is this; while out riding to an AA meeting, a time when my privacy is especially important to me, I felt myself being pursued. I sped up, and in an effort to elude an oncoming car which was making an illegal u-turn, saw no choice but to drop my bike,” Urban said in the statement. “In actual fact, my pursuer came to my assistance, without taking photos, and helped me from the road. I returned home, got my car, and continued on my way.”
Urban entered a rehab facility for alcohol treatment in October 2006. He completed the program in January 2007.
Urban married Nicole Kidman in June 2006.

No comments: