June 20, 2005

The War of the Worlds begins...

Courtesy of LotsaPaparrazza:

All I did was what Paramount's publicity office told
me to do, which was contact MARTHA CARROZZA if I have
any further questions or concerns regarding the "War
of the Worlds" premiere this Thursday. I did. All I
wanted to do was add one more photographer to the
press list, as Paramount had already placed me on the
press list. That's it. I was polite and
professional. I even started my email with "How are
you? I trust all is well."

Below is the actual e-response I received from MARTHA
CARROZZA, who is being PAID a lot of $$$ by Paramount
to handle the PRESS (apparently, she sent the same
email to other photographers as well...check YOUR
emailbox):

******************************************************************
-----Original Message-----
From: MeCarrozza@aol.com
Sent: Jun 20, 2005 11:32 AM
To: [edited]
Subject: Re: URGENT: Press Credential Request: WAR OF
THE WORLDS premiere (06.23.05)

Due to overwhelming response to the "War of the
Worlds" premiere on Thursday, June 23rd at the
Ziegfeld...your placement will be on a first come
first serve basis. Security will be overseeing this
process. If you are uncomfortable
with this procedure than it would be advisable to not
cover.

Thanks in advance,
Martha
******************************************************************

It was the LAST line of the paragraph that really
irked me the most:

"If you are uncomfortable with this procedure than it
would be advisable to not cover."

Ohhhh! the things I wanted to e-write back.

Basically, her email is a FOREWARNING to all us
photogs who are NOT Wireimage, Getty, etc..:

1) it's going to be hell!
2) go to hell!

9 comments:

G said...

ive been to hell and back already, piece of cake

Kingfreak said...

I thought I recognized you from somewhere...

G said...

bring yer waterguns!

Lotsa Paparrazza said...

;-D

Lotsa Paparrazza said...

;~D

bastid said...

can someone please post the appropriate Paramount contact - name & email - please?

photojam said...

yeah, that last comment was pretty offensive, AS IF we don't know what to expect!

Lotsa Paparrazza said...

er..eh..what?

if you were referring to the comment "bring yer waterguns!" he or she was just making a lil joke between colleagues. I think we can still laugh a little...a nervous laugh.

now, if your took offense to the request for a Paramount contact, well then...you may have a point.

;-p

G said...

whats a contact?